Self Study Program 214 – Painting the Vehicle – Pre-Treatment Basic Principles
Self Study Program 214 – Painting the Vehicle – Pre-Treatment Basic Principles PDF. The topic of vehicle painting continues to gain importance in the field of providing customer service. New technical processes and new materials – especially new paints – significantly increase the complexity of this specialist area.
The field of vehicle painting is no exception to the rule that only services based on fundamental knowledge can fully satisfy the demands of the customer.
- Vehicle Painting – Basic Principles
- Steel oxidation (corrosion)
- Abrasive mediums
- Prepartory materials and paint
- The constituents of paint
- The paint: classification by drying method
- Painting in the Factory
- Painting in the Repair Shop
- Repair painting
- Painting in the workshop
- Pre-treatment of the surfaces to be painted
- The protective primer
- The filler
- Sanding the filler
- Application of the primer extender
- Sanding the primer extender
- Check Your Knowledge
The self-study programme is not a workshop manual!
Testing, adjustment and repair instructions may be found in the appropriate service material.