Self Study Program 649 – Audi Q7 e-tron quattro (type 4M)
Self Study Program 649 – Audi Q7 e-tron quattro (type 4M) PDF free online
Audi presents the Q7 e-tron quattro – its second model to feature a high-performance plug-in hybrid drive. The electric current provided by the lithium-ion battery allows the large SUV to run for up to 56 km solely on electric power – quietly, powerfully and emission free. Together with the diesel engine, this gives a total range of 1410 km.
The Audi Q7 e-tron quattro is the world’s first plug-in hybrid with a 6-cylinder diesel engine and full-time quattro all-wheel drive. In some countries, it is also available with a 2.0l TFSI engine.
According to the ECE standard for plug-in hybrid vehicles, the Audi Q7 e-tron quattro with 3.0l V6 TDI can cover 100 km on only 1.7 l of diesel, which works out at CO2 emissions of 46 g/km. The standard thermal management system with integrated heat pump was developed specially for the Q7 e-tron quattro.
The Q7 e-tron quattro sets a new benchmark with the display and operating concept of the standard Audi virtual cockpit and the newly developed MMI system.
The standard MMI Navigation plus system, with Audi connect internet module, is integrated in tthe hybrid management system on the Audi Q7 e-tron quattro.
The new electromechanical power steering system is highly efficient and responsive. The likewise newly developed five-link wheel suspensions on the front and rear axles are more than 60 kg lighter than the axles on the preceding model and are a major factor
contributing towards high driving dynamics.
Comfort is further enhanced by the optional adaptive air suspension. The driver can control the suspension via the standard Audi drive select dynamic handling system, which offers up to seven modes and integrates further technical components such as steering, active accelerator pedal and automatic gearbox.
- Vehicle distinguishing features
- Passive safety
- System overview
- Airbag control unit J234
- Internal combustion engines
- 3.0l V6 TDI engine Gen.2 evo (EA897)
- Third-generation 2.0l R4 TFSI engine (EA888)
- Technical features
- Power transmission
- Selector mechanism
- Emergency release, parking lock
- Plug-in hybrid drive
- Hybrid module (separation clutch actuator, sensors)
- 8-speed automatic gearbox 0D7 (cutaway view, ATF and MTF systems, ATF supply)
- Gearbox schematic, gear set, shift elements
- Shift matrix, operating modes, mechatronic module
- ATF cooling
- Function diagram, information and data exchange
- Functions influencing gearbox control (Audi drive select, e-tron modes)
- Combinations of selector positions and e-tron modes within the Audi drive select modes
- Overall concept
- Brake system
- Electro-mechanical brake servo
- Brake system pressure accumulator VX70
- Wheels and tyres
- Air conditioning and cooling
- Thermal management and heat pump
- Coolant circuits
- Operating states of the heat pump
- Air conditioning the vehicle interior
- System overview
- Inspection and maintenance
- Self study programmes
The Self Study Programme teaches a basic knowledge of the design and mode of operation of new models, new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual! Figures are given for explanatory purposes only and refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP. This content is not updated.
For further information on maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.