Self Study Program 522 – The 2.0L 162 kW / 169 kW TSI engine
Self Study Program 522 – The 2.0L 162 kW / 169 kW TSI engine PDF free online
In this self-study programme we would like to introduce you to the 2.0 l 162kW / 169kW TSI engine of the EA888 engine family. It is the 3rd generation of this engine. The 2.0 l 162kW / 169kW TSI engine already complies with the future EU6 emission standard and is manufactured at the Györ factory in Hungary.
This engine is designed for use in the MQB modular transverse matrix platform and can therefore be universally used within the Volkswagen Group.
You will find further information on the 1.8 l and 2.0 l petrol engines in Self-study Programmes no. 337 „The 2.0 l FSI engine with turbocharger” and no. 401 „The 1.8 l / 118 kW TFSI engine with timing chain
- Overview of the technical features
- Engine mechanics
- Cylinder block
- Crankshaft group
- Chain drive
- Cylinder head with valve-lift switching
- Crankcase breather and ventilation system
- Oil circuit
- Overview of the oil supply
- Two-stage external gear oil pump
- Switchable piston cooling jets
- Cooling system
- Overview of the cooling system
- Innovative Thermal Management
- Air supply unit and forced induction
- Overview of the charge air system
- Fuel system
- Overview of the fuel system
- Mixture formation
- Engine management
- Overview of the system
- Special tools
- New component clusters
- Test your knowledge
The self-study programme presents the design and function of
The content will not be updated.
Current testing, setting and repair instructions can be found in the provided service literature.