Self Study Program 401 – 1.8L TFSI 16v 118kW engine Architecture and Operation
Self Study Program 401 – 1.8L TFSI 16v 118kW engine Architecture and Operation PDF free online
A new family of engines has been developed, the EA 888 family, which will progressively replace the EA 113 family engines and the direct petrol injection engines (MPI).
This new generation of engines (EA888) starts with an overboosted direct petrol injection and 1800 c.c. capacity engine.
This engine has been designed taking into account the constant evolution of technology in order to achieve maximum performance and at the same time to make the most out of each and every single drop of fuel.
During the process of design and development of the engine the following issues were set as priorities:
– To achieve a reasonable price for the customer by reducing the unitary cost of manufacturing,
– To provide for both longitudinal and transversal assembly of the engine into the different models of the Group,
– To comply with legal requirements such as pedestrian protection or reduction of the footwell area deformation zone in front collisions,
– To comply with the environmental standards regarding noise and exhaust gases,
– To obtain a good mechanical and thermodynamics performance in a compact structure,
– To contribute to ease of repair and maintenance at the Aftersales Service.
- Air passage
- Lubrication system
- Cooling system
- Fuel supply system
- Synoptic chart
- Sensors and actuators
- Variable Timing
- Functions wiring diagram
- Check your knowledge
The Self-Study Programme includes basics regarding the design and operation of new engines, new engine components and new technologies.
The Self-Study Programme is NOT a repair manual. For maintenance and repair jobs it is absolutely necessary to refer to the updated technical literature of each of the Brands.