Self Study Program 517 – The Golf 2013 Electrical System
VAG SSP 517. Due to the innumerable innovations being introduced with the Golf 2013, the electrical and electronic features are explained in several separate Self-study Programmes, making the information clearer for you. This also applies for the vehicle electrical system, whose characteristics and significance within the MQB are explained in this Self-study Programme, with the new Golf 2013 serving as an example for all models.
The seventh generation of the Golf, which is famous for having made this vehicle’s name synonymous with all A-class vehicles, is once again proof that technical feasibility can, and needs to be, subject to ongoing reexamination.
Why should sophisticated driver assist systems, which make driving a vehicle such a pleasure, be reserved for larger vehicle classes only? Employing the modular transverse matrix MQB allows a high level of variability with regards to the combination of vehicle technology to be achieved, regardless of the vehicle class. This also applies for the vehicle electrical system, whose characteristics and significance within the MQB are explained in this Self-study Programme, with the new Golf 2013 serving as an example for all models.
These are the Self-study Programmes:
- No. 516 “The Golf 2013 Driver Assist Systems”
- No. 517 “The Golf 2013 Electrical System” (this book)
- No. 518 “The Golf 2013 Infotainment – Part I”
- No. 519 “The Golf 2013 Infotainment – Part II”
- What’s new?
- The electrical system in the modular transverse matrix MQB
- Data bus networking concept
- The CAN bus system
- Operating and display elements
- The multifunction steering wheel
- The dash panel insert
- Other elements in the vehicle electrical system
- The fuse boxes and relay carriers
- The 12-volt on-board supply battery
- The lighting system
- The front camera for driver assist systems R242
- The reversing camera R189
- Assistance systems
- The optical parking system OPS
- Traffic sign detection
- Security functions
- The immobilizer
- The component protection
- List of abbreviations
The self-study programme presents the design and function of new developments!
The content will not be updated.
Current testing, setting and repair instructions can be found in the provided service literature.