Self Study Program 990493 – The 2019 Audi A8 Introduction
VAG SSP 990493. Launched in Europe in 1994, the Audi A8 was the world’s first large volume production automobile with a self-supporting aluminum body. Since then, Audi has built approximately one million vehicles with the Audi Space Frame body.
Its successor continues this tradition. The design of the 2019 A8 embodies the fundamental qualities for which Audi is renowned: sports appeal, lightweight construction and quattro all wheel drive.
Stylistically, the new A8 marks the beginning of a new design era for the entire brand. The front end, with its wide, upright single frame grille and fluid muscular body symbolizes sporty elegance, sophistication and progressiveness. The defining design feature of the new A8 is spacious luxury. The interior resembles a lounge of generous proportions. The interior is deliberately minimalist with clearly defined and strictly horizontal architecture.
Audi carries its high quality standards into the digital age with a radically new operating concept. The driver operates the infotainment system by fingertip control on a large display. A second touchscreen display in the center tunnel console is used to access the climate control and comfort functions as well as making text inputs.
The 2019 A8 employees the MHEV (Mild Hybrid Electrical Vehicle) technology based on a newly developed 48 volt electrical system. The 12 volt system of the A8 is a sub-system of the 48 volt system.
- Interior equipment
- Fuel tank
- Exhaust system for the 3.0l TFSI engine
- Power transmission
- Automatic transmission selector mechanism
- Parking lock emergency release
- 8-speed automatic transmission 0D5
- Functions influencing the transmission and sport differential
- Axles and wheel alignment
- Adaptive air suspension
- Steering system
- Wheels and tires
- Electrics and electronics
- Installation locations of the control modules
- Climate control
- New features
- Safety and driver assistance systems
- Passive safety
- Active safety
- Driver assistance systems
- Infotainment and Audi connect
- Overview of versions
- Inspection and maintenance
- Special tools and workshop equipment
- eSelf-Study Program