Self Study Program 980193 – The 2019 Audi A8 Climate Control Systems
VAG SSP 980193. This eSelf-Study Program describes the new features of the climate control system in the 2019 Audi A8, as well as the design and function of the refrigerant system filled with the new R744 refrigerant introduced in this model. Once you have completed this eSelf-Study Program you will be able to answer questions on the following topics:
- How is the air conditioning system configured for use of the new R744 refrigerant?
- What are the points to note when servicing the cabin fragrance system function unit?
- What are the new display and control features of the air conditioning system?
- What new massage functions are available in the new Audi A8?
The climate control system of the 2019 Audi A8 will mark the introduction of a new refrigerant as well as new in-car air quality enhancements.
The new refrigerant is carbon dioxide-CO2. It has different physical properties than other refrigerants in use. For example, it is non-flammable, colorless and odorless.
Because a carbon dioxide charged system will operate at much higher pressures, the components of the refrigerant system have been adapted.
The new refrigerant will only be offered in Europe at the launch of the 2019 A8. The dates for implementation in the US have not been determined at the time of the release of this SSP.
For the North American market, the 2019 A8 will use refrigerant R-1234yf at vehicle introduction.
The new 2019 also offers air quality features such as a cabin fragrance system and an air improvement system.
- The new R744 refrigerant
- Global Warming Potential
- Design of the R744 refrigerant system
- Schematic diagram and function description
- AC compressor
- Gas cooler
- Internal heat exchanger
- Pressure relief valve, low and high-pressure sides
- Expansion valve
- Refrigerant lines
- Refrigerant pressure and temperature sensors G1052 / G1053
- Vehicle Interior Carbon Dioxide Concentration Sensor G929
- Components of the R744 refrigerant circuit
- Air quality and freshening quality
- Interior fragrance system
- Air improvement system
- AC control panels in the front and rear
- Front area
- Rear area
- Seats and available functions
- Massage function
- Surface heating
- Foot heater
- Optional seat heating and ventilation
- Workshop equipment
- A/C service station
- Service connections
- eSelf-Study programs
- Knowledge assessment