Self Study Program 960243 – The 2015 A3 Cabriolet
VAG SSP 960243. Sporty, elegant and multi-faceted – the new 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet. This compact four seater impresses at first glance with its flowing lines and and soft top. It is also at the top of its class technically with systematic lightweight design, new engines, sophisticated networking and high performance driver assistance systems.
The A3 Cabriolet has a soft top that is stretched over a lightweight magnesium and steel kinematic mechanism. At the press of a button, the top opens or closes electro-hydraulically in less than 18 seconds; even when driving up to speeds of 31 mph (50 km/h). The fully automatic top has a glass rear window with an electric rear defroster. An active rollover protection system protects the occupants in case of a rollover accident.
As with every Audi, workmanship quality is uncompromisingly high, and the vehicle’s controls are simple, intuitive and convenient. The A3 Cabriolet offers enough room for four adults. The rear seats can be folded down to create a wide through-load area when the top is up. The interior features new steering wheel and seat designs as well as an electromechanical parking brake operated by a push button on the center console.
All engines in the new A3 Cabriolet combine the high technologies of direct fuel injection and turbocharging. On average, the two engines offered at market launch have excellent fuel economy while offering a high performance driving experience (1.8 and 2.0L).
The chassis of the A3 Cabriolet uses sophisticated technology that delivers sporty handling, superior vehicle safety and a high level of comfort. Some components of the MacPherson strut front suspension are made of aluminum while the four-link rear suspension handles longitudinal and transverse forces separately. The power steering system features an efficient electro-mechanical drive.
The ABS/ESP system has all the features offered on other Audi vehicles which provide safe, stable and predictable operation.
- Convertible top
- Movable convertible top well
- Convertible top box lid/service position
- Convertible top frame
- Hydraulic unit
- Convertible top control system
- Component locations
- Convertible top operation
- Components of the convertible top control system
- Emergency operation
- Data bus overview
- Occupant protection
- Side airbag
- Electrical wiring harness for side airbag
- Driver Side Rear Side Airbag Crash Sensor G256
- Rollover protection
- Cassettes with protective roll bars
- Driver Side Rollover Protection Igniter N646 and Front Passenger Side Rollover Protection Igniter N647
- Resetting a deployed protective roll bar
- 1.8L and 2.0L TFSI engines
- Engine/transmission combinations
- Overall concept
- Electrical system
- Installation locations of control modules
- Overview of versions
- Antenna system
- Service interval overview for North American region