Self Study Program 860133 – The 2011 Touareg Chassis and Four-wheel Drive Concept
VAG SSP 860133. The 2011 Touareg is a completely new vehicle. It combines the sporty performance of a car with improved off-road capabilities. The chassis has been revised not just to improve the performance, but also to reduce the weight of components.
It is also up to 103 lb (46.7 kg) lighter than the previous model, reducing fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions.
2011 Touareg Chassis
The 2011 Touareg offers outstanding on and off-road qualities thanks to its revised suspension. The running gear has the following characteristics:
- Very good vibration and wheel/tire comfort
- Low rolling resistance
- Agile performance
- High stability
- Very good off-road capabilities
- Leather or Wood Steering Wheel, with Multifunction Buttons Available
- ABS/ESC MK25 A-XT from Conti Teves
- Front and Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Independent Suspension
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Front and Rear Vented Disc Brakes
- Electromechanical Parking Brake
- 4MOTION with Transfer Case
- Double Wishbone Rear Suspension with Split Upper Wishbone
- Stationary Vehicle Management with HILL HOLD and AUTO HOLD
- Front and Rear Axle
- Braking System
- Hybrid Electrical Components
- Wheels and Tires
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Transfer Case
- Knowledge Assessment
This Self-Study Program provides information regarding the design and function of new models.
This Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual.
This information will not be updated.
For maintenance and repair procedures, always refer to the latest electronic service information.