Self Study Program 83 – Skoda 1.4 132kW TSI petrol engine with dual charging
Self Study Program 83 – Skoda 1.4 132kW TSI petrol engine with dual charging PDF free online
We would like to introduce you to the ﬁrst engine produced in series by Škoda, which is also equipped with a compressor and a turbocharger.
As of 05/2010, the model Škoda Fabia II RS is ﬁtted with the 1.4 ltr./132 kW TSI engine.
The fundamental structural part is the 1.4 ltr./92 kW TSI engine which, amongst other things, is installed on the Superb ll model.
The main technical highlight and the difference to the 1.4 ltr./92 kW TSI engine is primarily the dual-charging. The engine is charged by the mechanical compressor and/or the exhaust turbocharger, based on need.
This technical solution ensures that very high engine dynamics is achieved at relatively low fuel consumption, which is a characteristic of the TSI engines.
- Brief description of the engine
- Engine characteristics
- Technical data
- Engine mechanics
- Cylinder block
- Crank mechanism
- Cylinder head and valve drive
- Chain drive for the control system and the oil pump
- Inlet camshaft adjustment
- V-ribbed belt drive
- Dual-charging – compressor and turbocharger
- Schematic overview of the supercharging components
- Working ranges of the supercharging components
- Implementation of the working ranges
- Noise insulation of the supercharger
- Exhaust manifold
- Charge air cooling
- Oil supply
- Two-circuit cooling system
- Demand-regulated fuel system
- Exhaust system
- Engine management
- CAN networking
- System overview