Self Study Program 610 – Audi A3 2013 Onboard Power Supply and Networking
Self Study Program 610 – Audi A3 2013 Onboard Power Supply and Networking PDF. Whether the engine fuel system, the dual clutch gearbox, the infotainment system or any one of a number of driver assistance systems – a modern vehicle would cease to function without electrical and electronic equipment.
A high-performance alternator, a battery rated for the vehicle’s specification, and reliable and fast data transfer across various data bus systems are all vital components of a stable and efficient onboard power supply system.
The first part of this self study programme summarises the onboard power supply of the Audi A3 ’13 and provides information on the functions, installation locations and specific features of numerous control units.
The design and function of the various headlight and tail light versions are described in “Exterior lighting”. This is a quick and direct way to obtain an in-depth knowledge of the electrical and electronic equipment in the Audi A3 ’13.
Learning objectives of this Self Study Programme:
After you have worked your way through this Self Study Programme, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- Where are the fuseholders located in the Audi A3 ’13 and what are their designations?
- Where are electrical components fi tted in the vehicle?
- Which bus systems are used in the Audi A3 ’13?
- What are the tasks of the control units in the vehicle?
- What are the versions of the exterior lighting and how are the individual light functions implemented?
- What are the versions of the headlight range adjustment system?
- Power supply
- Battery housing
- Fuses, relays and jump start terminal
- Installation locations of control units
- Overview of bus systems
- New features of the bus system
- Optical data bus system MOST150
- Optical replacement control unit VAS 6778
- Control units
- Brief descriptions
- Exterior lighting
- Light switch
- Fog light
- Headlight range control
- Tail lights
- High-level brake light
- Number plate lights
- Self Study Programmes
The Self Study Programme teaches a basic knowledge of the design and functions of new models, new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual! Figures are given for explanatory purposes only and refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For further information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.