Self Study Program 510 – Active Cylinder Management ACT in the 1.4L 103 kW TSI engine
Self Study Program 510 – Active Cylinder Management ACT in the 1.4L 103 kW TSI engine PDF free online
The 1.4 l 103 kW TSI engine with Active Cylinder Management is an engine from the new EA211 series of petrol engines. It is also the first engine in large-scale production where two of the four cylinders are temporarily deactivated in order to reduce fuel consumption.
In combination with BlueMotion technology it is very environmentally friendly and yet powerful.
In the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC), Active Cylinder Management reduces the consumption of the 1.4 l TSI engine by 0.4 litres per 100 kilometres. This results in a CO2 reduction of ten grams per kilometre. In combination with BlueMotion technology, fuel consumption is reduced by 0.6 litres per 100 kilometres.
On the following pages, we will introduce you to the design and function of Active Cylinder Management ACT*.
* The term “ACT” is a protected three letter acronym of Volkswagen.
- The 1.4 l 103 kW TSI engine with Active Cylinder Management ACT
- Advantages of Active Cylinder Management
- Engine mechanics
- Design of Active Cylinder Management
- Design of the camshafts
- Movement of the cam pieces
- Measures to reduce vibrations and noise
- Engine management
- System overview
- The engine management system
- Operating range of Active Cylinder Management ACT
- The deactivation process
- The activation process
- Display for Active Cylinder Management ACT
- Special tools
- Test your knowledge
The self-study programme presents the design and function of
The content will not be updated.
Current testing, setting and repair instructions can be found in the provided service literature.