Self Study Program 477 – Audi A1
Self Study Program 477 – Audi A1 PDF. This Self-Study Programme provides you with information about the Audi A1 as a whole.
The Audi A1 is a true Audi – it is fi rst premium automobile in the subcompact segment. The agile, sporty Audi A1 is perfect for use in big cities thanks to its compact dimensions and its excellent fuel economy. The main styling features can be seen in the body design.
The pronounced, encompassing shoulder line fl ows from front to back and back to front, culminating in the grille at the front. The “3 box design with rear spoiler atypical of small cars and the accentuated rear-end styling give the A1 a striking and distinctive appearance.
The Audi A1 also benefi ts from innovations taken from larger Audi models. In addition to its state-of-the-art engines, examples of what the A1 has to off er include a start-stop system, a brake energy recuperation system and an on-board computer with effi ciency program. These technologies are complemented by an array of infotainment options otherwise exclusive to luxury-class models. The wide range of customisation options enables its young, urban target group in particular to express their own personal style.
The Audi A1 will be built at the Audi plant in Brussels, where a great deal has been invested in the modernisation of the production facilities in order to completely satisfy the most stringent of quality standards.
Learning objectives of this Self-Study Programme are:
Once you have worked your way through this Self-Study Programme, will you be able to answer the following questions:
- At which production plant is the A1 manufactured?
- In which parts of the vehicle are high- and ultra high-strength steels used?
- Which components have been installed for the purposes of occupant protection?
- Which engines with which gearboxes are used in the A1?
- Which components contribute to road safety?
- How are the electrical components distributed in the vehicle and where are they installed?
- Which infotainment components are installed in the vehicle and how are they operated?
- How do the air conditioning system and the air distribution system work?
- In brief
- Floorpan assembly
- Occupant protection
- System overview
- Crash sensors
- TFSI engines
- TDI engines
- Fuel tank
- Exhaust system
- Manual gearbox
- Automatic gearbox
- Chassis alignment and confi guration
- Brake system
- Steering system
- Wheels and tyres
- Electrical system
- Power supply
- Installation locations of the control units
- Data bus diagnostic interface J533 (gateway)
- Energy management
- Exterior lighting
- Control unit in dash panel insert J285
- Onboard power supply control unit J519
- Advanced Key
- Door control units
- Heating and air conditioning
- Heating and air conditioning system
- Manual air conditioning system
- Automatic air conditioning system
- chorus radio (Europe only)
- concert radio (Radio Media Center)
- Versions of the Radio Media Center
- Functions of the concert radio
- MMI Navigation plus
- Sound systems
- Aerial systems
- In-service product activation
- Inspection and maintenance
The Self-Study Programme explains the basics of the design and function of new models, new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual! Figures given are for explanatory purposes only and refer to the software version valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For further information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.