Self Study Program 433 – Audi Q5
VAG SSP 433. This Self-Study Programme describes the design and function of the new Audi Q5. With the introduction of the Audi Q5, Audi is extending its model range to include a compact SUV that sets new standards in its class. In addition to the Audi Q7 and the Audi A6 allroad quattro, Audi is now introducing a third model for the off-road segment.
The Audi Q5 will be manufactured at the Ingolstadt facility, this being a logical choice of location because the Audi Q5 is based on components used in the Audi A4 ‘08.
The new Audi Q5 combines the dynamism of a sports saloon with highly variable interior and versatile options for leisure-time and family use. Strong and efficient engines, Quattro permanent all-wheel drive and agile running gear have been brought together to create a superior technology package for both on and off road driving. Highlights such as the innovative S tronic seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox and the Audi drive select driving dynamics system are the evidence that substantiates the Q5’s claim to Vorsprung durch Technik. The sportiest SUV in its class, it is dynamic, multifunctional and comfortable.
The objectives of this Self-Study Programme
After you have worked your way through this Self-Study Programme, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How is the bodyshell designed, and what materials are used?
- Which engines and gearboxes are installed?
- Which modifications have been made to the running gear and the brakes?
- What are the special features of the electrical system?
- How does the air conditioning system in the Audi Q5 function?
- What are the special features of the maintenance concept which have to be kept in mind?
- Engine-gearbox combinations
- In brief
- Body Audi Q5
- Repair concept
- Occupant protection
- Occupant protection system in the Audi Q5
- Driver airbag in the Audi Q5
- Running gear
- Damping control system
- Steering system
- Brake system
- Wheels and tyres
- Electrical system
- Fuses and relays
- Front outside lights
- Rear outside lights
- Audi drive select
- Networking – vehicles with infotainment CAN
- Networking – vehicles with MOST bus
- Installation overview – control units
- Headlight Assist System
- Infotainment systems overview
- Overview – sound systems
- Sound systems
- Aerial diagnostics
- Aerial system
- Air conditioning
- Air conditioning system
- Heated cupholder Z105
- The Advanced Maintenance Concept
- New workshop equipment for body repairs
- Self-study programmes about the Audi Q5
The Self-Study Programme teaches the design and function of new vehicle models, new automotive components or new technologies.
The Self-Study Programme is not a Repair Manual.
The values given are for illustration purposes only and refer to the software version valid at the time of publication of the SSP.
For information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.