Self Study Program 261 – The Passat W8
VAG SSP 261. This Self-Study Programme presents the Passat W8. We will only explain the design and function where the items are totally new. All the changes described refer to the Passat model year 2001.
The subject of the W8 engine is described in two separate Self-Study Programmes:
- Self-Study Programme No. 248 “The W Engine Concept“
- Self-Study Programme No. 249 “The W8 Engine Management“
- In a nutshell
- Occupant protection
- Drive units
- Power transmission
- Running gear
- Vehicle electrical system
- Convenience and safety electronics
- Heating and air conditioning system
This Self-Study Programme explains the design and function of new developments.
The contents of this book will not be updated.
Please always refer to the relevant Service literature for up-to-date inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.