Self Study Program 16 – SKODA OCTAVIA 1.9-ltr./66 kW (TDI) Engine, Fuel Injection and Glow Plug System
Self Study Program 16 – SKODA OCTAVIA 1.9-ltr./66 kW (TDI) Engine, Fuel Injection and Glow Plug System PDF free online
For the first time in the OCTAVIA, Skoda is offering a modern turbodiesel engine with direct injection.
This engine has an intelligent engine management system to provide high output and low fuel consumption!
The TDI Engine
– Bosch distributor injection pump VP 37 EDC with 800 bar pump pressure. The distributor injection pump is preset. The flange is pressed onto the drive shaft and must not be removed.
– Inlet port designed as swirl port. Sets the inducted air in a swirl motion, which ensures intensive swirling of the air in the combustion chamber.
– Specially shaped piston bowl (main combustion chamber).
– Injectors with two-stage fuel injection.
– Charge pressure control.
– Coolant pump installed in cylinder block.
– Coolant thermostat installed in cylinder block.
– Coolant preheated by electric auxiliary heater.
– Alternator freewheeling.
– Exhaust gas recirculation valve in intake manifold.
– Plastic-coated injection pipes as a protection against corrosion.
– Valve cover gasket vulcanized in place.
– Oil pan with silicone sealant.
– Replaceable oil filter designed as paper cartridge.
– Vacuum pump driven by the camshaft.
- Technical Data
- The TDI Engine
- System Architecture
- Position of Components
- System Overview
- Fuel Metering Control
- Commencement of Injection Control
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- Charge Pressure Control
- Auxiliary Heater System
- Glow Plug System
- Emission Characteristics
- Function Diagram
You can find information regarding inspection and maintenance, setting and repair instructions in the Workshop Manual.