Self Study Program 632 – Audi Q7 (type 4M)
VAG SSP 632. This self study programme describes the design and functioning of the Audi Q7 (type 4M). With a special emphasis on the values of “Presence”, “Precision” and “Performance”, the second generation Audi Q7 is the top-ofthe-range model in the Audi SUV lineup.
Both technically and in terms of its design, it embodies the spirit of the Audi quattro. The design of the new Audi Q7 is masculine and resolute. Horizontal lines extend above the wheels. These blisters are a subtle homage to the classic quattro models by Audi.
In a growing segment, the Audi Q7 cuts a confident figure with its impressive exterior, superior build quality and its sporty and efficient engine technology.
The new Audi Q7 is an imposing car. Although it is shorter and narrower than its predecessor, the cabin is longer and offers more headroom. 20 years of experience in lightweight design have gone into the development of the new Audi Q7.
Lightweight construction has been applied in all areas, from the electrical system to the luggage compartment floor. The key is the body structure, a new multimaterial design involing the use aluminum castings, extruded sections and panels in the front and rear ends as well as the superstructure.
The new Audi Q7 welcomes its passengers with an atmosphere of cultivated elegance and spaciousness. The instrument panel is visually separated from the centre console, accentuating the sportiness and lightness of the interior.
The new Audi Q7 is coming to the European market with two powerful and highly-cultivated V6 engines: a TDI and a TFSI. Thanks to intensive refinements, their CO2 emissions have been reduced by as much as 50 grams per kilometre. Both engines comply with the Euro 6 emissions standard. Smooth, fast, lightweight and efficient. In the new Audi Q7, a newly developed eight-speed tiptronic transfers the engine’s power to the quattro permanent all- wheel drive system.
Learning objectives of this self study programme:
If you have read through this self study programme and the self study programmes listed on page 79, will you be able to answer questions on the following topics:
- New features of the multimaterial body structure
- New features of the occupant protection system
- Engine/gearbox combinations
- New features of the chassis
- Modifications to the electronics and the driver assistance systems
- New features of the electrical system and networking
- New features of the air conditioning system
- Modifications to and new features of the infotainment system
- In brief
- Joining technology
- Seat systems
- Occupant safety
- Petrol Engine
- Diesel engine
- Combined design cover with integrated air filter
- Engine/gearbox combinations
- Power transmission
- 8-speed automatic gearbox 0D5
- Twin-damper converter with integrated pendulum-type absorber
- Mechatronics module
- ATF and gear oil systems
- Selector mechanism
- Gearbox functions
- Overall concept
- Axles and wheel alignment
- Chassis with air suspension and electronic damper control
- All-wheel steering
- Brake system
- Steering system
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Wheels and tyres
- Electrical system
- Installation locations of control units
- Overview of versions
- Air conditioning
- Heater and air conditioner
- Auxiliary heater
- Windscreen defroster
- Inspection and maintenance
- Self study programmes
The Self Study Programme teaches a basic knowledge of the design and mode of operation of new models, new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual! Figures are given for explanatory purposes only and refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP. This content is not updated.
For further information on maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.