Self Study Program 921403 – 6.0L W12 Engine in the Audi A8L
Self Study Program 921403 – 6.0L W12 Engine in the Audi A8L PDF free oline
The new top of the line models from the Volkswagen Group feature an innovative
generation of W engines developed from the model used for the VR engine family.
To achieve this, mass produced components have been integrated into a completely new engine concept.
This process has yielded compact, multicylinder gasoline engines of a consistently
high standard not previously achieved in passenger car series production.
For example, the W12 6.0 L engine, featured for the first time in the Audi A8L, is currently
the most powerful 12-cylinder engine available in this vehicle class, providing a
combination of quality and optimum performance.
- Technical Data, Cross Section, Longitudinal Section, W Design
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder Block and Crankcase
- Pistons/Connecting Rods
- Engine Mounting
- Engine Lubrication
- Cooling System
- Electronically Controlled Cooling System, Map-Controlled Engine Cooling Thermostat (F265) Control Loop
- Cylinder Head
- Camshaft Drive
- Sealing of Timing Mechanism, Valve Timing/Camshaft Timing Control, Internal EGR, Valve Timing/Adjustment Range, Control and Monitoring of Camshaft Position, Camshaft Adjusters, Function of Camshaft Adjusters, Electro-Hydraulic Control, Adjustment in Retard Direction, Adjustment in Advance Direction, Adjustment in Controlled Position
- Belt Drive/Auxiliaries
- Water-Cooled Alternator
- Induction System
- Engine Sub-Systems
- Engine Management Concept
The self-study program is not intended as a Workshop Manual. Values given are only intended to help explain the subject matter and relate to the software version applicable at the time of publication.
The self-study program contains information on design features and functions.
Always use the latest technical publications when performing maintenance and repair work.