Self Study Program 89P303 – Touareg Electronic Diesel Control EDC 16
VAG SSP 89P303. This Self-Study Program introduces the EDC 16 engine management system using the V10 TDI engine of the Touareg.
Greater complexity in the hardware and software for diesel engine management systems is necessary to meet the increasing demand for improvements in comfort and driveability characteristics, and to reduce fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
With the advent of electronic diesel control EDC 16, an engine management system is available to meet this demand. This has been achieved by improving engine control module processing performance and using a new signal processing system.
- Electronic Diesel Control, Bosch EDC 16
- System Overview
- V10 TDI Engine EDC 16 System Overview
- Fuel Metering Regulation, Start of Injection Regulation, Exhaust Gas Recirculation, Charge Pressure Control, Glow Plug System, Idle Speed Control, Smooth Running Control, Active Pulse Damping, Governor, Cruise Control System
- Engine Speed Sensor G28, Camshaft Position Sensor G40, Accelerator Pedal Module, Mass Air Flow Sensors, Heated Oxygen Sensors, Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor G62, Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (on Radiator) G83, Fuel Temperature Sensors, Barometric Pressure Sensor F96, Integrated Charge Air Pressure and Intake Air Temperature Sensors, Combined Brake Light Switch F and Brake Pedal Switch F47, Flexible Fuel Sensor G133
- Pump/Injector Solenoid Valves, Turbocharger Servomotors, EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid Valves, Intake Manifold Flap Motors, Fuel Pumps, Map Controlled Engine Cooling Thermostat F265, Continued Coolant Circulation, Fuel Cooling
- Functional Diagram
- EDC 16 Functional Diagram for V10 TDI Engine
- Knowledge Assessment
The Self-Study Program provides you with information regarding designs and functions.
The Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual.
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.