Self Study Program 873003 – How to Read Wiring Diagrams
Self Study Program 873003 – How to Read Wiring Diagrams PDF free online
As today’s vehicles become increasingly complex, so does the job of the technician.
Wiring diagram navigation skills are critical to diagnosing and repairing today’s vehicle in a timely and accurate manner.
This Self Study Program is not intended to instruct the technician how the electrical system operates in a vehicle. Given an understanding of electrical operation, this Self Study Program will introduce you to the skills necessary to read Volkswagen wiring diagrams.
In this program you will be exposed to all aspects of wiring diagrams, including:
- Commonly used symbols and their meanings
- Current tracks, including how to follow circuits between pages or diagrams
- Component identification
- DIN standards for terminal designations
- Wiring color codes and gauge (size)
- Terminal identification on both connectors and components
This book will provide examples of various types of circuits. The Computer Based Training (CBT) CD included at the end of this self study will provide an opportunity to practice “hands-on” wiring diagram navigation. Areas of text that give the technician an opportunity to practice the concepts in the CBT will be designated with an icon of a CD (below) at the beginning of that section.
This course will enable you to:
- Follow current from its power source to the Ground point quickly and accurately.
- Understand the symbols of common components and circuit designations used in Volkswagen Wiring Diagrams.
- Practice Wiring Diagram navigation through practical exercises and hands on examples
- Course goals
- Wiring Diagram Overview
- Elements of a wiring diagram
- DIN 72 552
- Introduction to Conductors
- Wire colors
- Wire sizes
- Other Conductor descriptions
- Connector Pin Assignments
- Practical Examples
- Navigation 1
- Navigation 2
- Navigation 3
- Navigation 4
- Appendix A: Component Symbols
- Appendix B: Wiring Connections
- Appendix C: Component Codes and Wiring
- Appendix D: DIN Standards
- Appendix E: Wiring Diagrams