Self Study Program 489 – Audi Q5 hybrid quattro
Self Study Program 489 – Audi Q5 hybrid quattro PDF free online
With the Audi Q5 hybrid quattro, Audi introduced the ﬁrst full hybrid in the premium SUV segment. Power like V6, fuel economy like a four-cylinder TDI — after three generations of the Audi duo, the Q5 hybrid quattro is the ﬁrst hybrid model from Audi with twindrive systems — a highly eﬃcient parallel hybrid utilising state-of-the-art technology.
Its internal combustion engine, a 2.0l TFSI developing 155 kW (211 hp) operates in intelligently and ﬂexibly in conjunction with a water-cooled electric motor developing 40 kW (54 hp), providing sporty dynamics. The electric motor is powered by a compact lithium ion battery.
Learning objectives of this Self Study Programme:
This Self-Study Programme provides you with information about the Audi Q5 hybrid quattro.
When you have worked your way through this Self Study Programme, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What does hybrid technology mean?
- Which hybrid technology is used by Audi and how?
- Which changes were made compared to the Q5 with internal combustion engine?
- Distinguishing features of the vehicle
- Safety instructoins
- VDE safety rules of electrical engineering
- Warning signs
- Basics of hybrid technology
- Hybrid technology
- Hybrid drive technology
- Full hybrid drives
- Other terminology
- Modiﬁcations to the 2.0l TFSI engine
- Coolant circuit and thermal management system
- Engine control unit J623
- 8-speed automatic gearbox with hybrid module
- Running gear
- Electromechanical steering
- Brake vacuum pump V192
- Electrical system
- Hybrid battery unit AX1
- Battery regulation control unit J840
- High-voltage battery A38
- Maintenance connector for high-voltage system TW
- Safety concept
- Battery cooling
- Electric drive power and control electronics JX1
- Electric drive motor V141
- Air conditioning system
- High-voltage system
- 12 volt onboard power supply
- System management
- System schematic
- Driver exit detection
- Driver absence detection
- Drive programs
- Display and operating elements for driving in hybrid mode
- Special tools
- Workshop equipment
- Test your knowledge
- Self study programmes
The Self Study Programme teaches a basic knowledge of the design and functions of new models, new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual! Figures are given for explanatory purposes only and refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.