Self Study Program 291 – 6-speed Automatic Gearbox 09G
Self Study Program 291 – 6-speed Automatic Gearbox 09G PDF free online
Dynamics and economy
The 6-speed automatic gearbox 09G sets new standards in the segment of transversely mounted multi-step automatic gearboxes:
• Low weight
• Wide ratio spread
• Compact gearbox dimensions
• High shifting speed
• High level of shift comfort
Brief technical description
6-speed automatic gearbox using the Lepelletier planetary gear set concept.
The wide ratio spread * of 6.05 provides flexibility in use (sport or economy mode).
Only five gear shifting components are required.
Highly compact, lightweight and powerful.
There are three gearshift modes to choose from:
sport program and manual gear selection by tiptronic.
In triponic mode, it is possible to start in second gear.
- Sectional view of gearbox 09G
- Gearbox periphery
- Gear selector of the Audi A3 ‘04
- Selector lever locks on the Audi A3 ‘04
- Ignition key removal lock on the Audi A3 ‘04
- Gear selector of the Audi TT
- Tiptronic steering wheel
- Gearbox subassemblies
- Torque converter
- Torque converter lock-up clutch
- Oil supply/lubrication
- Planetary gear/shifting components
- Hydraulic control
- Shift logic
- Description of gears/torque curve
- Parking lock.
- Gearbox control
- Function diagram
- Automatic gearbox control unit J217
- Interfaces/auxiliary signals
- CAN information exchange
- Distributed functions in the Audi A3 ‘04/Dynamic Shift Program DSP
- Tiptronic gearshift strategy/sport program
- Emergency running/towing
- Special tools
The basics for this Self-Study Programme are covered in the multimedia training course “Power Transmission 2” and in the previously published self-study programmes on multi-step automatic gearboxes.
The Self-Study Programme is not a Repair Manual!
The values given are intended as a guideline only and refer
to the software version valid at the time of publication of the SSP.
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.