Self Study Program 198 – The 2.7L V6 Biturbo
Self Study Program 198 – The 2.7-litre V6 Biturbo Design and Function PDF. Turbocharged engines are already something of a tradition at AUDI. The task now facing AUDI’s engineers was to develop a worthy successor to the 5-cylinder turbocharged engine.
One of the key development goals for the turbocharged engine was to achieve a good level of dynamic response, particularly at the bottom end of the rev band.
The goal of AUDI’s engineers was to realise a high “basic torque level“ and a torque characteristic that rises in direct proportion to engine speed to its peak.
The term “basic torque level“ describes the torque which is immediately available when the
throttle is opened (e.g. at part throttle or in overrun).
- Technical data, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft timing, cooling circuit, engine lubrication, overview of components, air ducting, charging, exhaust system, pneumatically controlled systems, charge pressure control, air divert control in overrun, ACF system, crankcase breather
- Motronic ME 7.1
- Subfunctions, system overview
- Subsystems of the Motronic
- Torque-oriented engine management, torqueoriented functional structure, Electronic throttle, exhaust gas temperature control
- Additional sensors of the Motronic
- Auxiliary signals/interfaces
- Functional diagram
- Vehicle diagnosis, test and information system VAS 5051, test box V.A.G 1598/31
- Self-adjusting clutch, gearbox
This Self-study Programme provides you with information regarding design and function.
The Self-study Programme is not a Workshop Manual!
Please refer to the Service Literature for all the relevant maintenance and repair instructions.