Self Study Program 294 – VAS 5051 on-line link
VAG SSP 294. To date, the diagnosis system VAS 5051 only permitted communication with the vehicle. The on-line link extends the potential offered by the tester. To coincide with the market launch of the Audi A8 2003, two on-line functions are available for the diagnosis tester. Firstly, telediagnosis which permits remote control of the tester from another location.
Secondly, the diagnosis tester link to a central data base.
Fully automatic adaption of the immobilizer components is effected by means of direct communication between data base and tester.
This facilitates the procedure when replacing such components in the vehicle and also further enhances system reliability.
- Diagnosis tester link to PC network
- Software required
- What is the purpose of telediagnosis?
- Activating telediagnosis
- What is immobilizer 4?
- Central data base FAZIT
- Access requirements for mechanics
- Mandatory entries
- New features of immobilizer 4
- System components
- Immobilizer control unit
- Engine control unit
- Vehicle key
- Entry and start authorisation switch -E415
- Steering column lock control element -N360
- Other components
- Re-adaption following immobilizer control unit theft
- Key programming at the factory
- Adaption for immobilizer 4
- Adaption for immobilizers 1 to 3
- Menues for immobilizers 1 to 3
- Radio Code
- Radio code enquiry (not for A8 ’03)
- Component Protection
- What is meant by component protection?
- Component protection function
- Adaption of new control unit
- Component protection diagnosis
- Fault-finding strategy
- Checking on-line link
The Self Study Programme contains information on design features and functions.
The Self Study Programme is not intended as a Workshop Manual.
Values given are only intended to help explain the subject matter and relate to the software version applicable when the SSP was compiled.
Use should always be made of the latest technical publications when performing maintenance and repair work.