Mazda CX-5 Denso Sky Active Service Manual
MAZDA SKYACTIV-D Engine (EURO 6). Common Rail System (CRS) Service Manual. The name SKYACTIV was chosen for several innovative next generation MAZDA technologies to evoke an image of vehicles that are not only “fun to drive”, but achieve “superior environmental friendliness and safety.” This manual introduces the following six key SKYACTIV technologies.
SKYACTIV-D takes the following measures to lower fuel consumption.
- Use of a variable valve lift mechanism to improve ignition stability when the engine is cold.
- Use of two-stage supercharging control to generate high levels of supercharging efficiently. As such low emissions performance, low fuel consumption performance, high torque, and high response are attained.
- Use of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) to clean exhaust gas and improve fuel economy.
- Use of i-stop to improve fuel economy, as well as to lower the amount of exhaust gas and idling noise.
Low Compression Ratio
- Combustion performance is improved via a low compression ratio (14:0).
- Aluminum alloy cylinder block
Integrated exhaust manifold and cylinder head
Weight Reductions and Reduced Mechanical Resistance Losses
- Optimized piston shape
Lightweight crankshaft journals
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 SKYACTIV
- 1.2 SKYACTIV-D Features
- 2. Applicable Vehicles and Parts Information
- 2.1 Outline
- 2.2 Applicable Vehicles
- 2.3 List of Primary Parts
- 2.4 System Configuration
- 3. Supply Pump
- 3.1 Outline
- 3.2 Suction Control Valve (SCV)
- 4. Rail
- 4.1 Outline
- 5. Injectors
- 5.1 Outline
- 5.2 Operation
- 5.3 Injector Return Back Pressure System
- 6. Control System Parts
- 6.1 Engine ECU
- 6.2 Sensors
- 7. Fuel Injection Control
- 7.1 Injection Pattern
- 7.2 Microinjection Quantity Correction Control
- 7.3 Injector Temperature Characteristic Correction Control
- 7.4 Interval Dependence Correction
- 7.5 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Control
- 7.6 i-stop Control
- 8. Other Controls
- 8.1 Jet Pump (4WD Only)
- 9. Exhaust Gas Treatment System
- 9.1 Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) System
- 10. Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
- 10.1 DTC List
- 11. Wiring Diagrams
- 11.1 Engine ECU External Wiring Diagrams
- 11.2 Connector Diagrams