A442F Automatic Transmission Service and Repair Manual
A442F Automatic Transmission Service and Repair Manual PDF . The A442F automatic transmission is a 4-speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission and has the following features:
- Electronic control provides shift and lock-up points most appropriate for the power characteristics of each engine and improves shift response.
- A high-performance super flow torque converter clutch is used to improve starting off, acceleration and fuel economy.
- For easier operation, the shift lever positions have been reduced from 7 (P, R, N, D, 3, 2, L) to the 6 positions (P, R, N, D, 2, L) used in passenger vehicles, and an O/D main switch has been provided on the shift lever.
- On vehicles using the 1FZ-FE engine, shift response has been greatly improved by communication between the ECM and TCM to momentarily reduce engine output when shifting.
- 1993-early 1995 Land Cruiser 80 series
- 1998-2004 Land Cruiser 100 series diesel (South Africa)