ZF 5HP30 Transmission Repair Manual
ZF 5HP30 Transmission Repair Manual PDF free online
This manual must only be used in connection with detailed practical training. This manual contains precise details of how to repair the complete transmission.
All dismantling and assembly work is described in the correct order.
The photographs have been selected to cover various types of transmission and may therefore differ from the vehicle on which you are working.
The component list precisely defines which version of the transmission you are working on, and this is also reflected in the parts list.
If any major modifications have to be taken into account when repairs are carried out, you will be notified by Technical Bulletin.
Depending on the nature of the fault, it may be possible to limit the repair to the actual components and areas of the transmission that have failed.
In this connection, please note:
- Always renew the pistons if there is a fault on brakes „F“, „E1“ or „D“. Always replace (never re-use) seals, for example O-rings and shaft sealing rings as well as filters.
- If the transmission has been run for a considerable distance (>50.000 km), renew all lined and steel discs.
- If clutch damage has occured the torque converter, oil cooler lines and the oil cooler itself must be thoroughly flushed out with a suitable cleaning agent.
The following requirements must be satisfied:
- The necessary special tools must be available. The complete set is listed in Section 1.8 of this manual.
- A suitable transmission test rig should be available. Refer to the Technical Bulletins for the relevant test values.
- General remarks
- 1.1 Drawing of transmission
- 1.2 Power flow diagram
- 1.3 Oil flow charts
- 1.4 Adjustment work
- 1.4.1 Release clearance at clutch F (snap ring)
- 1.4.2 Release clearance at brake D (snap ring)
- 1.4.3 Release clearance at brake E2 (snap ring)
- 1.4.4 Release clearance at brake El (snap ring)
- 1.4.5 Clearance at output side (washer)
- 1.4.6 Release clearance at clutch C (snap ring)
- 1.4.7 Release clearance at clutch A (snap ring)
- 1.4.8 Release clearance at brake B (snap -ing)
- 1.4.9 Transmission end play (shim)
- 1.4.10 Adjustment of switches (detent springs)
- 1.4.11 Inspection of switches
- 1.5 Tightening torques
- 1.6 Troubleshooting (faults, causes and remedies)
- 1.7 Checking the transmission
- 1.8 Special tools
- 2. Dismantling
- 2.1 Dismantling by assembly group
- 2.2 Brake F with lst gear freewheel
- 2.3 Output
- 2.4 Section I
- 2.4.1 Brakes (D/E2/El and 2nd gear freewheel)
- 2.4.2 Planetary gear sets (III, II and I)
- 2.5 Section II (Input with clutches A, B and C)
- 2.6 Oil supply
- 2.7 Housing with shift and parking pawl
- 3. Assembly by assembly group
- 3.1 Housing with shift and parking pawl
- 3.2 Brake F with Ist gear freewheel
- 3.3 Section I
- 3.3.1 Planetary gear set (I, II and III)
- 3.3.2 Brakes (E1 and 2nd gear freewheel / E2 and D)
- 3.4 Output side
- 3.5 Section II (input with clutches A, B and C)
- 3.5.1 Clutches A, C (input)
- 3.5.2 Clutch B (input)
- 3.6 Oil supply unit
- 3.7 Selector unit, oil sump and torque converter