Volvo 740 760 1982 – 1988 Haynes Automotive Repair Manual
Models covered Volvo 740 GL and SE; 1 986 cc, Volvo 740 Base, GL, GLE, GLT, SE and Special; 2316 cc, Volvo 740 Turbo and 760 Turbo; 2316 cc, Volvo 760 GLE; 2849 cc.
Does not cover changes introduced for 1990 model year, or Diesel engine models.
Few people can have had the luck to realise their dreams to quite the same extent and in such a remarkable fashion as John Haynes, Founder and Chairman of the Haynes Publishing Group.
Since 1965 his unique approach to workshop manual publishing has proved so successful that millions of Haynes Manuals are now sold every year throughout the world, covering literally thousands of different makes and models of cars, vans and motorcycles.
A continuing passion for cars and motoring led to the founding in 1985 of a Charitable Trust dedicated to the restoration and preservation of our motoring heritage. To inaugurate the new Museum, John Haynes donated virtually his entire private collection of 52 cars.
Now with an* unrivalled international collection of over 210 veteran, vintage and classic cars and motorcycles, the Haynes Motor Museum in Somerset is well on the way to becoming one of the most interesting Motor Museums in the world.
A 70 seat video cinema, a cafe and an extensive motoring bookshop, together with a specially constructed one kilometre motor circuit, make a visit to the Haynes Motor Museum a truly unforgettable experience.
Every vehicle in the museum is preserved in as near as possible mint condition and each car is run every six months on the motor circuit. Enjoy the picnic area set amongst the rolling Somerset hills. Peer through the William Morris workshop windows at cars being restored, and browse through the extensive displays of fascinating motoring memorabilia.
From the 1903 Oldsmobile through such classics as an MG Midget to the mighty ’E’ Type Jaguar, Lamborghini, Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer, and Graham Hill’s Lola Cosworth, there is something for everyone, young and old alike, at this Somerset Museum.
- About this manual
- Introduction to the Volvo 740 and 760
- General dimensions, weights and capacities (also see Chapter 13, page 3261
- Jacking, towing and wheel changing
- Buying spare parts and vehicle identification numbers
- General repair procedures
- Tools and working facilities
- Safety first!
- Routine maintenance (see also Chapter 13, page 326)
- Recommended lubricants and fluids
- Conversion factors
- Fault diagnosis
- Chapter 1 Engine (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 2 Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 3 Fuel and exhaust systems (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 4 Ignition system (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 5 Clutch
- Chapter 6 Manual gearbox, overdrive and automatic transmission (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 7 Propeller shaft (also see Chapter 13, page 326) ‘
- Chapter 8 Rear axle (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 9 Braking system (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 10 Steering and suspension (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 11 Bodywork and fittings (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 12 Electrical system (also see Chapter 13, page 326)
- Chapter 13 Supplement: Revisions and information on later models