Toyota MR2 1988 Repair Manual
This manual contains maintenance and repair procedures for the 1988 MR 2. Applicable model: AW11 Iseries. The manual is divided into 21 sections and 5 appendixes with a thumb index for each section at the edge of the pages. Please note that the publications below have also been prepared as relevant service manuals to the components and systems in this vehicle.
Manual Name Pub. No.
- 1988 MR 2 Electrical Wiring Diagram Manual EWD035U
- TCCS (4A-GE) Diagnosis Manual 36903A
- ЕСТ (A240E) Diagnosis Manual DM01 OU
- MR 2 Collision Damaged Body Repair Manual 36440A
- 1988 model New Car Features NCF024U
All information in this manual is based on the latest product information at the time of publication. However, specifications and procedures are subject to change without notice.
Operation of any Toyota MR2 is impossible without knowledge of its device, features of service and repair. It does not matter who will do the necessary work – every driver must know the basic procedures for maintenance and troubleshooting.
Toyota MR2 repair manual contains all the necessary information that will help the owner to understand the device of the car, will teach competent car care, timely maintenance and proper repair.
Toyota MR2 repair manual is divided into chapters:
- Car device (describes general information and passport data of the car);
- Operating instructions (preparation for departure, recommendations for traffic safety);
- Faults on the road (tips to help you in case of unexpected breakdowns on the road);
- Maintenance (detailed recommendations for all maintenance procedures);
- Repair instructions (engine, transmission, running gear, steering, braking system, and also included assembly and disassembly work required during the repair process of the Toyota MR2);
- Wiring diagrams (detailed manual for diagnostics and troubleshooting, the main blocks are described separately and detailed electric circuits of Toyota MR2 are given).
Any of the Toyota MR2 repair procedures is based on the principle from simple to complex: from the simplest maintenance operations, adjustment, replacement of parts, to global repair with assembly and disassembly works.
All manuals materials are based on the specific experience gained during the complete disassembly and assembly of Toyota MR2 by highly qualified mechanics.
Toyota MR2 Repair Manual is necessary so that diagnostics and repair of Toyota MR2 can be done professionally and quickly even by the owner of the car, who still has little practical experience.
- ENGINE MECHANICAL
- SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM
- EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS
- EFI SYSTEM
- COOLING SYSTEM
- LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- IGNITION SYSTEM
- STARTING SYSTEM
- CHARGING SYSTEM
- MANUAL TRANSAXLE
- AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
- FRONT AXLE AND SUSPENSION
- REAR AXLE AND SUSPENSION
- BRAKE SYSTEM
- BODY ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
- SERVICE SPECIFICATIONS
- STANDARD BOLT TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS
- SST AND SSM
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION HYDRAULIC CIRCUIT
- ELECTRICAL WIRING DIAGRAMS