Toyota Echo Verso 1999 Repair Manual
This repair manual has been prepared to provide information covering general service repairs for the chassis and body of the TOYOTA YARIS VERSO/ECHO VERSO. Applicable models: NCP20, 22 series. For the service specifications and repair procedures of the above model other than those listed in this manual, refer to the following manuals.
Manual Name Pub. No.
- 1NZ-FE, 2NZ-FE Engine Repair Manual RM749E
- U440E, U441E Automatic Transaxle Repair Manual (Jan. 1999) RM689E
- YARIS VERSO/ECHO VERSO Electrical Wiring Diagram EWD398F
- YARIS/ECHO New Car Features NCF165E
- YARIS/ECHO, YARIS VERSO/ECHO VERSO New Car Features Supplement NCF176E
All information in this manual is based on the latest product information at the time of publication. However, specifications and procedures are subject to change without notice.
This manual does not include all the necessary items about repair and service. This manual is made for the purpose of the use for the persons who have special techniques and certifications. In the cases that non-specialized or uncertified technicians perform repair or service only using this manual or without proper equipment or tool, that may cause severe injury to you or other people around and also cause damage to your customer’s vehicle.
In order to prevent dangerous operation and damages to your customer’s vehicle, be sure to follow the instruction shown below.
- Must read this manual thoroughly. It is especially important to have good understanding all the contents written in the PRECAUTION of ”IN” section.
- The service method written in this manual is very effective to perform repair and service. When performing the operations following the procedures using this manual, be sure to use tools specified and recommended. If using non-specified or recommended tools and service method, be sure to confirm safety of the technicians and any possibility of causing personal injury or damage to the customer’s vehicle before starting the operation.
- If part replacement is necessary, must replace the part with the same part number or equivalent part. Do not replace it with inferior quality.
- It is important to note that this manual contains various ’’Cautions” and ’’Notices” that must be carefully observed in order to reduce the risk of personal injury during service or repair, or the possibility that improper service or repair may damage the vehicle or render it unsafe. It is also important to understand that these ’’Cautions” and ’’Notices” are not exhaustive, because it is important to warn of all the possible hazardous consequences that might result from failure to follow these instructions.
- SERVICE SPECIFICATIONS
- MANUAL TRANSAXLE
- AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
- SUSPENSION AND AXLE
- SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM
- BODY ELECTRICAL
- AIR CONDITIONING
- ALPHABETICAL INDEX