Self Study Program 994441AG – Ceramic Brakes in Audi Vehicles
Self Study Program 994441AG – Ceramic Brakes in Audi Vehicles PDF. This Self-Study Programme will provide you with a working knowledge of this interesting topic.
A ceramic disc brake system was offered as optional equipment for the first time in an Audi production car on the Audi A8’ 06. By virtue of their material properties, ceramic brake systems have major advantages over conventional brake systems, particularly when used on high-performance and high-mileage vehicles. For this reason, the product range has been extended to include other models. For the first time in an Audi, a ceramic brake is available as standard equipment with the Audi Q7 V12 TDI.
- Fibre composites in brake systems
- The C/SiC ceramic material
- The process of manufacturing a ceramic brake disc
- Microstructure of a ceramic brake disc
- Ceramic brakes in Audi production vehicles
- Technical implementation
- Overview of models
- Design and identification of ceramic brake discs
- General servicing of ceramic brake discs
- Procedure for changing a wheel
- Visual features of ceramic brake discs in an as-new condition
- Wear criteria
- Determination of wear
- Bedding instructions
The Self-Study Programme teaches the design and function of new vehicle models,new automotive parts or new technologies.
The Self-Study Programme is not a Repair Manual.
All values given are intended as a guideline only and refer to the software version valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.