Self Study Program 992203 – New Technology 2002
Self Study Program 992203 – New Technology 2002 PDF. In keeping with the Audi tradition of producing the best-engineered and most appealing cars in the world, Audi is introducing technical innovations and improvements in many vehicle systems for the 2002 model year. From performance and handling to convenience, comfort, and safety; from social responsibility to the sheer fun of driving; Audi continues to earn its reputation as a manufacturer of world class cars with a technical edge.
Some of the latest Audi technologies being introduced to the North American market for 2002 include:
- Variable valve timing
- Electronically controlled engine cooling
- 1.8T engine fuel delivery modifications
- Exhaust system noise reduction
- Pneumatic damping control shock absorbers
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Servotronic II variable effort steering
- CAN data bus
- Electronic compass
- Bi-xenon headlights
- Audi Telematics by OnStar
- Digital phone by Motorola
- Symphony II radio transport mode
This Self-Study Program describes the design and function of these technical innovations.
- Audi New Technology 2002
- Engine Valve Train — Variable Valve Timing
- The Task of Variable Valve Timing, Operation of Variable Valve Timing, Intake Camshaft, Exhaust Camshaft, Oil System, Engine Management for Variable Valve Timing
- Engine Cooling — Electronically Controlled
- Electronically Controlled Cooling System Overview, The Coolant Temperature Level, Coolant Thermostat Housing with Map Controlled Engine Cooling Thermostat F265, The Coolant Temperature Set Points, Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor G62 and Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor (On Radiator) G83, Map Controlled Engine Cooling Thermostat F265, Coolant Fan V7 and Coolant Fan -2- V177
- Fuel Supply — 1.8T
- Pressure-Regulated Fuel Filter
- Exhaust System — Exhaust Flap
- Exhaust Flap — 3.0-Liter V6, Exhaust Flap Vacuum System Overview, Exhaust Flap Functional Diagram
- Suspension — Pneumatic Damping Control
- Pneumatic Damping Control Shock Absorbers
- Tires — Tire Pressure Monitoring
- The Tire Pressure Monitoring System, System Components, System Functions, Tire Pressure Monitoring Functional Diagram
- Steering — Servotronic II
- Servotronic II Variable Effort Power Steering, Servotronic II System Overview
- Electrical System
- CAN Data Bus, Compass, Bi-Xenon Headlights, Audi Telematics by OnStar, Audi Digital Phone by Motorola, Symphony II Radio Transport Mode
- Knowledge Assessment
The Self-Study Program provides you with information regarding designs and functions.
The Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual.
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.