Self Study Program 990263 – The 2017 A4 Introduction
VAG SSP 990263. This Self Study Program describes the design and functioning of the Audi A4. When completed, you will be able to answer questions on the following topics:
- New features of the body.
- New features of the occupant protection system.
- New power transmission features.
- New chassis features.
- Function of the surround camera.
- New features of the climate control system.
The A4 family and its predecessor the Audi 80 have been technological innovators and true winners for many decades. The new Audi A4 sedan features numerous high-end technologies which set higher benchmarks for its class. These features combine elegant design with an innovative operating concept, systematic lightweight construction and new, efficient drivetrain solutions. The Audi A4 sedan is also ahead of its peers in terms of infotainment and assistance systems.
When it comes to interior dimensions, the new Audi A4 sedan is ahead of its predecessors in almost every aspect. The passenger compartment offers a feeling of genuine spaciousness. The design features underscore this impression, as its clear architecture is strictly focused on horizontal lines.
In terms of aerodynamics, the new model dramatically out paces the competition. The Audi A4 sedan has a drag coefficient of 0.23. Even the rear design plays a pivotal role in terms of aerodynamics. On the new Audi A4 sedan, the lines of the rear trunk lid ensure that the air flow is smooth.
As a result of these changes, Audi drivers can look forward to a truly high-tech experience – an innovative synthesis of technology and aesthetics.
- Body structure
- Seating systems
- Occupant protection
- Passive safety
- Active safety
- Fuel tank
- Power transmission
- 7-speed dual clutch transmission 0CK/0CL – S tronic
- park-by-wire (PBW) parking lock
- Running gear
- Overall concept
- Axles and wheel alignment
- Suspension with electronic damper control (1BL)
- Brake system
- Steering system
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Wheels and tires
- Electrical system
- Installation locations of control modules
- Surround cameras
- Climate control
- Climate control housing
- Steering wheel heating
- Inspection and maintenance
- Self-study programs