Self Study Program 942600 – Advanced Engine Performance Diagnosis
Self Study Program 942600 – Advanced Engine Performance Diagnosis PDF free online
After studying this program, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate how to diagnose computer control system failures using the VAG-1551 scan tool.
- Demonstrate how to navigate your way through a diagnostic procedure, using the VAG-1551 and your shop repair manual.
- Explain how the control systems operate, and how the VAG-1551 scan data relates to those systems.
- Demonstrate how to use the VAG-1551 to isolate specific problems in the various control systems.
- Explain how to analyze customer complaints, and identify likely sources of the complaints.
- Program Objectives and Goals
- Introduction to VAG-1551 diagnostics
- Module 1: VAG Menu Navigation, Computer Software and Coding, and Diagnostic Trouble Code Repair Procedures
- Module 1 Objectives and Goals
- VAG-1551 Menu Structure
- Readiness codes and trip status
- Computer Coding
- Diagnostic Procedure
- Output Diagnostic Testing
- Module 2; Sensor Circuit Testing and Diagnosis
- Module 2 Objectives and Goals
- Diagnostic Procedure; Sensor Testing
- System Adaptation
- Module 3: On-Board Diagnostic Systems, including OBD-II
- Module 3 Objectives and Goals
- OBD-I and OBD-II
- OBD-II Freeze Frame
- Trip Status Failure
- Module 4: No Code Diagnostics and Oxygen Sensor Analysis
- Module 4 Objectives and Goals
- No Code Diagnostics: System Authority
- Oxygen Sensor Signal Analysis
- Module 5: Emissions and Performance Control
- Module 5 Objectives and Goals
- The Emissions Triangle
- The Mixture Matrix
- Fuel Trim
- EGR System Operation
- Emission Failures
- Converter Testing
- Module 6: Diagnostic Tips
- Module 6 Objectives and Goals