Self Study Program 920163 – Audi Third Generation 2.0l Engines
Self Study Program 920163 – Audi Third Generation 2.0l Engines PDF. Two new 2.0l engines – representing the next evolutionary step forward – are being introduced by Audi. They derive from the third generation EA888 engine family and are categorized as Generation 3 MLBevo engines.
The 2.0l engines are members of separate performance classes (a European rating system). The main difference between the two engines is in the charge cycle and combustion process.
The Performance class 1 engine is capable of operating on the Miller cycle. The Miller cycle was first patented in 1947. Audi premiered an engine based on the Miller cycle operating principles at the Vienna Motor Symposium in May of 2015. It was hailed as the most fuel efficient gasoline engine in its class.
You may also hear the performance class 1 2.0l engine referred to as the 2.0l Generation 3 BC engine. BC stands for B cycle. B cycle is the Audi term for its technological refinement to the Miller combustion cycle principles. The marketing term for this engine is the 2.0 T ultra engine.
The Performance class 2 is similar in operating principle to the current 2.0l TFSI engine used in the North American market on the 2016 Audi A4. This engine is not a B cycle engine.
Learning objectives of this eSelf-Study Program:
After completion, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the differences in terms of the engine mechanicals compared with the third-generation engines?
- What are the new features of the lubrication, charging, fuel and injection systems?
- How does the Performance class 1 engine differ from the Performance class 2 engine?
- How does the Miller cycle work?
- Development of the engine series
- Design objectives for the new engines
- Features/ specifications
- Performance class 1 engine
- Performance class 2 engine
- Engine mechanicals
- Engine block
- Engine oil 0W-20
- Cylinder head
- Chain drive
- Engine management
- Mass airflow sensor
- Combustion process
- Miller cycle
- The new Audi B cycle combustion process
- Three-piece oil control rings
- Self-Study Programs
- Knowledge assessment
This eSelf Study Program teaches a basic knowledge of the design and functions of new models, new automotive components or technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual! All values given are intended as a guideline only.
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.