Self Study Program 89K303 – Six-Speed Automatic Transmission 09D
Self Study Program 89K303 – Six-Speed Automatic Transmission 09D PDF free online
This Self-Study Program provides you with the design and function of the new 6-speed automatic transmission, which is installed in the Touareg.
The 09D 6-speed automatic transmissionprovides:
- six forward speeds to help lower fuel consumption
- excellent acceleration values and low noise output
The 09D 6-speed automatic transmission was developed at the famous Japanese manufacturer of automatic transmissions, AISIN Co., LTD, where it is manufactured.
In the development of the control module software, the Volkswagen engineers have used their years of experience regarding fuzzy logic-controlled driving programs which rely on driving situations and driver input.
This 6-speed automatic transmission, which has a very compact construction, is being used for the first time in the Volkswagen Touareg.
- Transmission Overview, Technical Data
- Selector Lever
- Selector Lever Positions, Selector Lever Position and Gear Display in Instrument Panel Insert, Tiptronic, Selector Lever Tiptronic, Gear Display in the Instrument Panel Insert, Selector Lever Lock and Ignition Key Removal Lock, Shift Lock Solenoid N110, Selector Lever Park Position Solenoid N380, Ignition Switch Key Lock Solenoid
- Automatic Transmission Design
- Component Overview, Component Functions, Torque Converter with Lockup Clutch and ATF Pump, Torque Converter Clutch (TCC), The ATF Pump, The Lepelletier Arrangement, The Simple Planetary Gear Set, The Dual Planetary Gear Set, The Multi-Disc Clutches, The Multiple Disc Brakes, The Free-Wheel, The Parking Lock, the Hillholder Function, Emergency Running Mode, Power Flow in the Touareg
- Electrical Components
- System Overview, Sensors, Sensor for Transmission RPM G182, Sender for Transmission Output RPM G195, Multifunction Transmission Range (TR) Switch F125, Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor G93, Sender -1- G193 and Sender -2- G194 for Hydraulic Pressure, Tiptronic Switch F189, Actuators, Solenoid Valves
- Functional Diagram
- Special Tools
- Knowledge Assessment
The Self-Study Program provides you with information
regarding designs and functions.
The Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the
current technical literature