Self Study Program 892503 – The 2006 new GTI
Self Study Program 892503 – The 2006 new GTI PDF. The new GTI is a fifth generation total redesign of the original “pocket rocket.” Always an incredibly fun car to drive, mating low vehicle weight and precise handling characteristics to a powerful engine package, the new GTI redefines its class.
A new chassis, body and electrical system complement the 2.0L turbocharged 200 hp engine. Best of all, 207 lbs-ft of torque give the new GTI remarkable grunt from the line and in all gears. The optional Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) is a perfect match to the new GTI drivetrain.
To ensure optimum handling and driving characteristics, the new GTI’s static body rigidity is up 80 percent. This increased stiffness results in more direct use of power, greater stability, and enviable handling through corners.
Red painted brake calipers, black honeycomb grille, and a well-appointed interior make this new GTI stand out, not only against the competition, but alongside the GTI legacy of nearly three decades.
- The new Volkswagen GTI
- Brief Overview
- Chassis Construction, Exterior Parts, Windows, Hood Latch Cable, Trunk Lid, Seat Design Features, Storage Areas
- Occupant Safety
- Introduction, Seatbelts, Side Airbag Crash Sensors
- 2.0L FSI Turbocharged Engine, 6-Speed Manual Transmission 02Q, 6-Speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) 02E
- Running Gear
- Suspension Features, Front Axle, Front-Wheel Drive Rear Axle, Steering System
- Brake System
- Brake System, Dual Rate Booster Brake Servo, Anti-Lock Brake System ABS/ESP, Hand Brake
- Pedal Assembly
- Electrical System
- Electrical System Fuses and Relays, Communication Network, Drivetrain CAN-bus Control Modules, Convenience CAN-bus Control Modules, Infotainment CAN-bus Control Modules, Instrument Cluster and Diagnosis CAN-bus Control Modules
- On Board Power Supply
- Warning Lamps in Instrument Cluster
- Radios, Radio With Navigation System
- Rear Wiper Replacement
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Introduction, Air Conditioning Systems, Air Distribution, Storage Box Cooling
- Knowledge Assessment
This Self-Study Program covers information on the 2006 GTI.
This Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual.
This information will not be updated
For testing, adjustment and repair procedures, always refer to the latest electronic service information.