Self Study Program 861603 – Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
Self Study Program 861603 – Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems PDF. Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) monitor the inflation pressure of the tires. They can warn the driver about dangerous changes in pressure and send a signal when the actual tire pressure deviates from the specified tire pressure.
Tire pressure affects:
- Road safety
- Service life of the tires
- Fuel consumption
In Volkswagen vehicles, the tire pressure is monitored using two different systems:
- The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with wheel position recognition in the Touareg and Phaeton
- The TPMS without wheel position recognition in the Passat, Jetta, GTI, Rabbit, and Eos
- TPMS with Wheel Position Recognition
- TPMS without Wheel Position Recognition
- Knowledge Assessment
This Self-Study Program covers information on the Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.
This Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual.
This information will not be updated.
For testing, adjustment and repair procedures, always refer to the latest electronic service information.