Self Study Program 861603 – Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
Self Study Program 861603 – Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems PDF free online
Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) monitor the inflation pressure of the tires. They can warn the driver about dangerous changes in pressure and send a signal when the actual tire pressure deviates from the specified tire pressure.
Tire pressure affects:
- Road safety
- Service life of the tires
- Fuel consumption
In Volkswagen vehicles, the tire pressure is monitored using two different systems:
- The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with wheel position recognition in the Touareg and Phaeton
- The TPMS without wheel position recognition in the Passat, Jetta, GTI, Rabbit, and Eos
- TPMS with Wheel Position Recognition
- TPMS without Wheel Position Recognition
- Knowledge Assessment
This Self-Study Program covers information on the Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.
This Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual.
This information will not be updated.
For testing, adjustment and repair procedures, always refer to the latest electronic service information.