Self Study Program 843103 – Passat W8 Engine Management, Motronic ME 7.1.1
Self Study Program 843103 – Passat W8 Engine Management, Motronic ME 7.1.1 PDF free online
The Motronic ME 7.1.1 engine management system used on the Passat W8 engine enables high power output with minimal fuel consumption through adaptation to all operating modes.
The heart of the Motronic system is the Motronic Engine Control Module J220. It processes incoming signals and transmits adjustment commands for controlling the subsystems.
The Motronic Engine Control Module J220 also provides information for the diagnosis of subsystems and components. For more information on the mechanical aspects of the W8 engine, please refer to The W Engine Concept, Self-Study Program Course Number 821203.
- The Passat W8 Motronic ME 7.1.1 Engine Management System, Engine Management Functions, Drivetrain CAN Data Bus
- System Overview
- Motronic ME 7.1.1 System Overview
- Fuel Injection System, Ignition System, Knock Control, Variable Valve Timing, Oxygen Sensor Control, Fuel Tank Ventilation System, Cruise Control System (CCS), Electronic Power Control, Secondary Air System, Engine Mount Damping Control, Electronically Controlled Engine Cooling, Regulated Vacuum Pump System
- Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor G70 Combined with Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor G42, Engine Speed (RPM) Sensor G28, Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor G62 and Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor (On Radiator) G83, Oxygen Sensors, Brake Booster Pressure Sensor G294, Camshaft Position Sensors, Knock Sensors, Accelerator Pedal Module, Brake Light Switch F Combined with Brake Pedal Switch F47, Clutch Vacuum Vent Valve Switch F36
- Combined Sensors and Actuators
- Throttle Valve Control Module J338
- Leak Detection Pump V144, Fuel Pump G6, Fuel Pump Relay J17, Fuel Injectors, Ignition Coils, Camshaft Adjustment Valves, Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Regulator Valve N80, Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve N112, Combination Valve, Secondary Air Injection Pump Motor V101, Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay J299, Coolant Pump V36, Brake System Vacuum Pump V192, Map Controlled Engine Cooling Thermostat F265, Hydraulically Damped Engine Mounts
- Functional Diagram
- ME 7.1.1 Functional Diagram
- Knowledge Assessment
The Self-Study Program provides you with information regarding designs and functions.
The Self-Study Program is not a Repair Manual!
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.