Self Study Program 77 – Skoda Geometry
Self Study Program 77 – Skoda Geometry PDF free online
In line with the trend of the current development of vehicles, the manufacturers must respond to the ever increasing demands on the driving characteristics. Even in the lower
classes of vehicles, we encounter among other things, the independent multi-link rear suspension.
The demands on the driving stability and thereby also on the safety, the comfort and the driving dynamics are often in conﬂict with the needs of a small assembly room and especially with the low cost of production.
Modern types of chassis reﬂect the efforts which are undertaken to resolve the conﬂicting requirements on the low mass, yet ensuring a high strength of the suspension and at
the same time a precise wheel guidance. As a result, aluminum alloys are increasingly and widely used, thus replacing the original steels.
Further options for improving the driving characteristics are offered, such as various electronic systems ABS, EDL, ESP, EBD, TCS, which have the task to ensure the optimum transfer of the driving and braking force onto the roadway, the desired behaviour in curves (in most cases mild understeer) etc.
- Types of axles
- Front axle
- Trapezoidal axle
- Rear axle
- Crank axle
- Multi-link suspension with ﬁ xed axle carrier (subframe)
- Multi-link suspension with auxiliary frame
- Multi-link suspension LDQ
- Front axle
- Basic wheel geometry
- Angle of spread, camber
- Castor angle
- Wheel steering angle
- Toe-in constant “S” – toe-in curve
- Adjustment points of the axles
- McPherson front axle
- Trapezoidal-link front axle
- Rear crank axle
- Multi-link rear suspension
- The conditions for the inspection and the preparation for measurement
- The conditions for the inspection
- The preparation for the measurement
- Jack tolerance
- Consequences of poor geometry
- Design modiﬁ cations of the Škoda vehicles over the course of their production
You will ﬁnd the notes for the assembly and disassembly, repair, diagnostics as well as detailed user information in the diagnostics, measuring and information system VAS 505x.
The time for going to press was on the 12/2009.
This brochure is not subject to an update.