Self Study Program 657 – Audi Q5 (type FY)
VAG SSP 657. This self study programme describes the design and function of the Audi Q5 (type FY).
Production at the San José Chiapa plant (Mexico)
The new Audi Q5 is manufactured at a newly constructed San José Chiapa plant in Mexico. The most up-to-date production plant in the Audi organisation has been built on the 460 hectare site. At an altitude of 2,400 meters, it is the highest site in the Audi production network. Located about 200 km to the east of Mexico City, the new Audi plant has an annual production capacity of 150,000 cars.
Smart logistics allowing flexible production and supply chains are integral to Audi Mexico. San José Chiapa is the first facility in the entire VW Group to implement such technology for the complete material and container flow process. The new plant has been constructed in line with Audi standards, including those for sustainability and environmental protection.
Learning objectives of this self study programme:
Once you have completed this self study programme you will be able to answer questions on the following topics:
- Engines used
- New suspension features
- New power transmission features
- New features of the assistance systems.
- Petrol engines
- Diesel engines
- Engine/gearbox combinations
- Power transmission
- quattro with ultra technology
- 7-speed dual clutch gearbox 0CJ
- 6-speed manual gearbox with oil injection lubrication
- quattro with self-locking centre differential/quattro with sport differential
- Overall concept
- Axles and wheel alignment
- Adaptive air suspension (aas)
- Brake system
- Steering system
- adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Wheels and tyres
- Electrics and electronics
- Power supply
- Exterior lighting
- Audi drive select
- Air conditioning
- Air conditioners
- Safety and driver assistance systems
- Passive safety
- Active safety
- Traffic information
- Infotainment and Audi connect
- Overview of versions
- Sound systems
- Aerials overview
- Control panel
- Audi connect SIM (country-dependent)
- Inspection and maintenance
- Self study programmes
The self study programme teaches a basic understanding of the design and mode of operation of new models, new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a repair manual! Figures are given for explanatory purposes only and refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
This content is not updated.
For further information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.