Self Study Program 655 – Audi 3,0l V6 TFSI Engine of EA839 series
Self Study Program 655 – Audi 3,0l V6 TFSI Engine of EA839 series PDF. This self study programme describes the design and function of the fourth-generation 3.01 V6 TFSI engine of the EA839 series in the Audi S4 (type 8W). After you have completed this self study programme you will be able to answer the following questions:
The new 3.01 V6 TFSI engine of the EA839 series supersedes the previously installed 3.01 V6 TFSI EA837. It will initially be used in the Audi S4 (type 8W), where it provides better performance and fuel economy than its predecessor.
The engine will be available in several performance classes, either as a mono-turbo or a biturbo, in Audi models and also in other group models.
The development goals were not only to improve fuel economy for end users, but also to meet the mandatory emission limits in all markets. This is achieved by a range of modifications including reduced friction, innovative thermal management, lightweight design and cutting-edge engine management technology.
Other innovative features of the new V6 engine are:
- Thermostat controlled oil circuit
- Cylinder heads with integrated exhaust manifold and “Hot Side Inside” (HSI) technology
- New timing assembly with balancer shaft
- New combustion process (Miller cycle) with central injector configuration
- What are the differences between the EA839 and the EA837?
- Which structural design measures are used to achieve lightweight design?
- How do the oil supply and engine cooling systems work?
- What are the special features of the air supply system?
- How do the new injection process and the engine management system work?
- Engine description and special features
- Engine mechanicals
- Engine block
- Crankshaft drive
- Cylinder head and valve gear
- Timing assembly
- Crankcase ventilation and fuel tank ventilation systems
- Oil supply
- OiI circuit
- OiI pump
- Oil supply sensor and actuators
- Active piston cooling jets
- Thermostat controlled engine oil cooler
- Roller cam followers with oil spray jets
- Oil filter module
- Air supply and turbocharging
- Load sensors
- Twinscroll technology
- Temperature monitoring in the inner V
- Cooling system
- System overview
- Active coolant pump
- Coolant shut-off valve
- Coolant regulator (mapped engine cooling thermostat F265)
- Coolant characteristic during the engine warm-up phase
- Fuel system
- Combustion chamber design with central injector configuration
- Engine management
- System overview
- Exhaust system
- Exhaust flaps
- Inspection and maintenance
- Service information and operations
- Special tools and workshop equipment
- Information on QR codes
- Self study programmes