Self Study Program 615 – Audi A6 hybrid and Audi A8 hybrid
Self Study Program 615 – Audi A6 hybrid and Audi A8 hybrid PDF. This self study programme provides you with general information on the Audi A6 hybrid and Audi A8 hybrid models.
The first series-produced Audi hybrid model of the new century, the Audi Q5 hybrid quattro, was launched in November 2011. The performance SUV is the world’s fi rst lithium-ion-batterypowered full hybrid in its segment. The Audi A6 hybrid and the Audi A8 hybrid also hit the streets in the course of 2012. They utilise the same parallel hybrid drive confi guration as the performance SUV, but diff er in that they only have front wheel drive.
With both large saloon models, Audi becomes the fi rst premium manufacturer to off er full hybrid vehicles featuring lithium ion technology simultaneously in the B, C and D segments.
Drive is provided by a 2.0l TFSI engine developing 211 hp (155 kW) and an electric motor developing 54 hp (40 kW) and 210 Nm of torque; their combined power output is 245 hp (180 kW). The vehicles can cover up to three kilometres at a constant speed of 60 kph entirely under electrical power. Their top speed in electriconly mode of 100 kph also sets new standards.
Power transmission is provided by a highly modifi ed eight-speed tiptronic gearbox which does not require a torque converter. The torque converter is replaced by an electric motor which is combined with a multi-plate clutch. This multi-plate clutch couples and decouples the electric motor and the internal combustion engine. A lithium-ion battery system weighing only approx. 38 kg serves as an energy store. A sophisticated two-way air cooling system keeps the temperature of the battery system within acceptable limits.
Learning objectives of this self study programme:
After you have worked your way through this self study programme you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the distinguishing features of the Audi A6 hybrid and the Audi A8 hybrid?
- How many cells are there in a battery module in high voltage battery A38?
- Where is the cooling module for cooling the hybrid battery unit AX1 located in the Audi A8 hybrid?
- Vehicle distinguishing features
- Safety instructions
- VDE safety rules of electrical engineering
- Warning signs
- Basics of hybrid technology
- Hybrid technology
- Hybrid drive technology
- Full hybrid drive
- Other terminology
- System data
- 8-speed automatic gearbox with hybrid module
- Suspension System
- Electro-mechanical steering
- Vacuum pump for brake servo assist V469
- Electrical system
- Hybrid battery unit AX1
- High voltage battery A38
- Battery regulation control unit J840
- Maintenance connector for high voltage system TW
- Safety concept
- Battery cooling
- Electric drive power and control electronics JX1
- Electric drive control unit J841
- Electrical AC compressor V470
- Three-phase AC drive VX54
- Electro-drive drive motor V141
- High voltage cable set for hybrid battery PX1 and PX2
- 12 volt starting
- Hybrid manager
- EV mode
- Display elements for driving in hybrid mode
- Special tools
- Workshop equipment
- Test your knowledge
- Self Study Programmes
The Self Study Programme teaches a basic knowledge of the design and functions of new models, new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual! Figures are given for explanatory purposes only and, refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For maintenance and repair work, always, refer to the current technical literature.