Self Study Program 601 – Audi hybrid drive with 8-speed automatic gearbox 0BW
Self Study Program 601 – Audi hybrid drive with 8-speed automatic gearbox 0BW PDF free online
The audi hybrid drive with 8-speed automatic gearbox 0BW made its debut in the Audi Q5 hybrid quattro launched in November 2011. It offers all-electric driving capability with four driven wheels, making Audi the first car manufacturer to bring to market a full-hybrid vehicle for the premium SUV segment. It was followed by the Audi A6 hybrid and the Audi A8 hybrid in the course of 2012.
These models also utilise the technology of the 8-speed CVT automatic gearbox 0BW. However, these models are driven through the front wheels only. With the Audi Q5 hybrid quattro, the Audi A6 hybrid and the Audi A8 hybrid Audi is the first premium car manufacturer to offer vehicles with parallel full-hybrid drive in the B, C and D segments.
Learning objectives of this self study programme:
This self study programme provides you with information about the 8-speed CVT automatic gearbox 0BW. Once you have completed this self study programme you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the differences between the Audi Q5 hybrid quattro, Audi A6 hybrid and Audi A8 hybrid models with respect to the Audi hybrid drive?
- How is the 8-speed CVT automatic gearbox 0BW designed?
- What is the difference between the 8-speed CVT automatic gearbox 0BW and the established 8-speed CVT automatic gearbox 0BK?
- Supplementary information and cross-references
- Safety instructions
- System description
- Model-specific selector mechanisms and drive system types
- Drive programs
- Topology of the Audi Q5 hybrid quattro drive
- Specifications of 8-speed automatic gearbox 0BW
- Cutaway view: 8-speed automatic gearbox 0BW for all-wheel drive
- Cutaway view: 8-speed automatic gearbox 0BW for front wheel drive
- Electric drive
- Electric drive power and control electronics module JX1
- Electric drive motor V141
- Systems for ATF and gear oils, lubrication, sealing
- Three separate systems
- Two separate systems
- ATF supply
- Mechanically driven ATF pump
- Auxiliary hydraulic pump 1 for gear oil V475
- Gearbox schematic, gear set and shift elements
- Gearbox schematic, gear set, shift elements
- Shift schematic, shift matrix, operating modes; mechatronic module, actuators and sensors
- Shift schematic, shift matrix
- Hybrid ready
- Starting the internal combustion engine
- Electric driving
- Driving with internal combustion engine and operation of electric drive V141 as a generator
- Start-stop system assistance
- Neutral control with running internal combustion engine and operation of electric drive V141 as a generator
- Driving with both drives, boost function
- Overrun recuperation Audi Q5 hybrid quattro • ’12; Audi A8 hybrid • ’13 and all Audi A6 hybrid models
- In overrun the internal combustion engine assumes the braking function
- Freewheel function (freewheel mode, glide mode)
- Brake energy recuperation
- Mechatronic module -E26/9 for selector mechanism with selector lever cable
- Mechatronic module -E26/11 for selector mechanism with “shift by wire” technology
- Gearbox input speed sender G182 and gearbox output speed sender G195
- ATF temperature sensor G93, parking lock sender G747
- Gearbox-specific information and data exchange
- Audi Q5 hybrid quattro
- Cooling circuits for ATF, gear oil and the electric drive motor V141
- Audi Q5 hybrid quattro
- Audi A6 hybrid and Audi A8 hybrid
- The figures show the coolant circulation system of the Audi A8
- Safety precautions and general repair instructions, tow starting and towing away, ATF change, diagnostics, adaption run
- Test your knowledge
The self study programme teaches a basic understanding of the esign and mode of operation of new models, Note new automotive components or new technologies.
It is not a repair manual! Figures are given for explanatory purposes only and refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
This content is not updated.
For further information on maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.
In the glossary at the end of this self study programme you will find an explanation of all terms which are shown in italics and indicated by an arrow