Self Study Program 59 – Skoda Octavia RS
Self Study Program 59 – Skoda Octavia RS PDF free online
A few months after introduction of the second generation of Skoda Octavia the customers are also presented with the sporty version, which is called exactly the same as in the preceding years Skoda Octavia RS.
In contrast to the previous model Skoda Octavia RS, which is exclusively driven with the
petrol engine 1.8 l with turbocharging with the power output 132 kW, the engine range
is being extended after the success of the diesel engine 1.9 l/96 kW in the sporty Skoda Fabia RS.
The Skoda Octavia RS of the second generation is driven exceptionally with the petrol engine 2.0 l/147 kW FSI with turbocharging and direct injection with the diesel engine
2.0 l/125 kW TDI PD with turbocharging.
The changes on the new model Skoda Octavia RS do not only concern the engine. The changes refer also to the design of the exterior and interior As for the exterior it concerns particularly the front and rear part of the vehicle. In the interior there are for example the sporty seats, the steering wheel, the dash panel insert and further details. The Skoda Octavia RS gives despite its elegant line the impression of a very dynamic and sporty vehicle.
Part I – Skoda Octavia RS
- ŠkodaOctavia RS – Brief Overview
- Engine 2.0 l/147 kW – FSI with turbocharging
- Engine 2.0 l/125 kW – TDI PD
- Vehicle demensions
- System DSR (Driver Steering Recommendation)
- System HHC (Hill Hold Control)
Part II -Engine 2.0 l/147 kw FSI with turbocharging
- Technical Data
- Engine mechanical components
- Cylinder block, crankshaft, piston
- Balance shaft transmission
- Drive gear with vibration shock absorber for driveof balance shaft transmission
- Cylinder head
- Toothed belt drive
- Crankcase ventilation
- Exhaust system
- Exhaust turbocharger-Manifold-Module
- Electrical overrun recirculating air control (previously pneumatic)
- Engine management
- Charge air guide and charge pressure control
- Change movement flaps
- Fuel supply
- Operation modes
- Throttle valve
- Vacuum pump
- Cooling system with coolant circulation pump
- Components overview
- Overview of components in the engine compartment
- System overview
- Function diagram
You will find detailed inspection, setting and repair instructions in the provided repair manuals.
The time of going to press was on the 01.08.2005. The contents are not updated.