Self Study Program 575 – The Touareg 2019 Body and Safety Features
Self Study Program 575 – The Touareg 2019 Body and Safety Features PDF. The Touareg 2019 is the first Volkswagen vehicle where the body is not just made from cold-formed and hot-formed steel, but also assembled using sheet metal, extruded profiles and pressure die-cast parts manufactured from aluminium.
Using aluminium as a material in the body structure is new for Volkswagen.
- Aluminium as a material
- Aluminium components in the Touareg 2019
- Overview of joining techniques used
- Body structure
- Overview of metal grades and alloys
- Body assembly
- Vehicle front end
- Rear lid
- Towing bracket
- Power latching system for doors
- Interior equipment
- Dash panel with centre console
- Front seats
- Safety features
- Proactive occupant protection system
- Pedestrian protection
- Test your knowledge
The Self-study Programme shows the design and function of
new developments. The contents will not be updated.
For current testing, adjustment and repair instructions, refer to the relevant service