Self Study Program 478 – Audi A7 Sportback
VAG SSP 478. This Self-Study Programme provides you with general information about the Audi A7 Sportback. The Audi A7 Sportback is an entirely new class of vehicle. It unites the purist elegance of a saloon, the well-deﬁned functionality of an Avant and the passionate dynamism of a coupé. The new Audi A7 Sportback oozes enthusiasm. Above the accentuated wheel arches, a prominently sharp dynamic line extends along the entire length of the vehicle. It imbues the Audi A7 Sportback with a unique “stealth” look. The perfect balance of puristic lightness and ﬂowing lines creates a new statement of dynamism and elegance.
The striking trailing edge interacts harmoniously with the spoiler edge to provide a dynamic ﬁnishing touch to the muscular rear end. The innovative vehicle concept with its wide-opening rear hatch in coupé-like style is impressive not just because of its unusual design. The Audi single-frame radiator grille is trimmed with high-quality horizontal chrome struts and conveys an aura of elegance and progressiveness.
This re-interpretation of the radiator grille gives the headlights even more presence and character. The interior concept of the Audi A7 Sportback cossets the driver and passengers, giving them a feeling of complete security.
The cockpit is driver-oriented in design, i.e. the centre console leans towards the driver. Attractive inlays with continuous lines provide accentuation in the interior.
The Audi A7 Sportback has powerful yet eﬃcient FSI, TFSI and TDI engines. The quattro permanent all-wheel drive delivers this power to the road superbly. The optional quattro with sport diﬀerential distributes drive power variably to the individual wheels, giving enhanced driving dynamics, agility and traction.
Nothing is more inspiring than a blank sheet of paper. A car came into being on one: contemporary, fascinating, new. The Audi A7 Sportback
Learning objectives of this Self Study Programme:
After you have worked your way through this Self Study Programme, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- From which types of steel is the body built?
- Which engines and which new features are ﬁtted?
- How is drive force distributed?
- With which type of steering is the Audi A7 Sportback ﬁtted?
- How is Innovative Thermal Management implemented in the engines?
- How is the head-up display projected onto the windscreen?
- What does the speed limit indicator display?
- Which sound systems are integrated?
- In brief
- Body structure
- Occupant protection
- 2.8l V6 FSI engine
- 3.0l V6 TFSI engine
- 3.0l V6 TDI engine (2nd generation)
- Innovative Thermal Management (ITM)
- Fuel delivery unit
- Exhaust systems
- Power transmission – Revision status 09/2011
- Summary of new features
- New features of the 7 speed dual clutch gearbox 0B5 (S tronic)
- quattro powertrain on the Audi A7 Sportback
- Self-locking centre diﬀerential with asymmetrical-dynamic torque split
- Running gear
- adaptive air suspension (aas)
- Steering system
- Brake system
- adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Wheels and tyres
- Electrical system
- Head-up display
- Speed limit display
- Audi active lane assist
- Audi drive select
- Air conditioning
- Installation locations of the infotainment control units
- MMI radios and navigation systems
- MMI display
- Sound systems
- Inspection and maintenance
- Special tools and workshop equipment
- Self Study Programmes