Self Study Program 464 – The Amarok – Powertrain and drive concept
Self Study Program 464 – The Amarok – Powertrain and drive concept PDF free online
With the Amarok, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles is deliberately and self-assuredly taking part in the global trend towards multifunctional vehicles.
As such, the company is making consistent use of its extensive experience in manufacturing vehicles with both rear and front-wheel drive. The newly developed drive concept offers outstanding driving properties. Comfortable handling and operation similar to a passenger car are features of the Amarok. Magnificent assistance is given for everyday use through a range of support systems in order to provide road safety and handling benefits when offroad.
In all cases and in all variants, the Amarok can be used both onroad and for heavy-duty offroad use. Depending on use, the four-wheel drive version of the Amarok is available either with permanently or non-permanently engaged four-wheel drive. The Amarok is also available in a standard version with rear-wheel drive. The entire driveline of the Amarok is a new development and has been specifically adapted for use as a commercial vehicle.
- Four-wheel drive development at Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
- The drive concept of the Amarok
- The driveline
- The operation
- The offroad drive programme
- 6-speed manual gearbox 0C6
- The 6-speed manual gearbox
- The gearbox structure and function
- The gearbox sectional view
- The powerflow
- The external selector mechanism
- The internal selector mechanism
- Transfer box
- The non-permanently engaged four-wheel drive with transfer box 0C7
- The transfer box with limited-slip interaxle differential 0BU
- Rear final drive 0CC
- The rear final drive 0CC
- Front final drive 0C1
- The front final drive 0C1
- Test your knowledge
The self-study programme presents the design and function of
The content will not be updated.
Current testing, setting and repair instructions can be found in the provided service literature.