Self Study Program 460 – A8 2010 – Convenience electronics and Audi tracking assist
Self Study Program 460 – A8 2010 – Convenience electronics and Audi tracking assist PDF. The new dash panel insert is an innovation guaranteed to hold the driver spellbound from the moment he enters the Audi A8 10. Its most striking feature is a 7-inch colour display designed to show not only high-resolution navigation graphics and information from the on-board computer but also moving images from the night vision system camera.
It also has an entirely new operating and display concept. The new taskbar at the top of the display allows content to be called up quickly on the colour display. It offers a clear structuring of content and straightforward layout. The display is controlled by buttons on the standard multifunction steering wheel.
The ambient lighting sets new standards when it comes to creating ambience in the vehicle interior. Multicoloured optical fibres and LEDs inside the vehicle conjure up a wide variety of atmospheres ranging from a formal feel to a feel-good ambience, created by means of warm white light.
Another technical feature discussed in this Self-Study Programme is the Audi tracking assist, which aids in detecting the theft of a vehicle and in its subsequent recovery.
For this purpose, the tracking assist system has its own GPS unit for determining the current position of the vehicle and a telephone unit for communicating with a service centre. It allows rapid detection of a theft and then quick recovery of the vehicle in co-
operation with the authorities.
- Control unit with display in dash panel insert J285
- Analogue clock
- Operation and display structure of driver information system
- Terminal diagram of the control unit with display in dash panel insert J285
- Convenience system control unit J393
- Inputs and outputs of convenience system control unit
- Ambient lighting
- Light scenarios of the ambient lighting
- The ambient light module
- Ambient lights connected to control unit J773
- Wiring diagram of ambient light module
- The roof electronics control unit J528
- Wiring diagram of overhead module
- Door control units J386 J389
- Operating the ambient lighting
- Audi tracking assist
- Tasks of Audi tracking assist
- The two versions of Audi tracking assist
- Functions of both versions of Audi tracking assist
- Driver Card
- Wiring diagram of Audi tracking assist
- Wiring diagram of Audi tracking assist plus
- Reporting a theft to the Service Operating Centre
- The Service and Transport mode of the tracking assist system
- System diagnostics
The Self-Study Programme teaches basics of the design and function of new models, automotive components or technologies.
It is not a Repair Manual. Figures given are for guidance purposes only and refer to the software version valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For further information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.