Self Study Program 45 – Skoda Fabia 1.2L 3-cylinder petrol engine
VAG SSP 45. A new 3-cylinder petrol engine will in future form the entry-level engine for Skoda models. It is a completely new development and will be available in the Skoda Fabia. Initially, it will be available as a 6-V engine version with 2 valves for each cylinder; at a later date a 12-V version with 4 valves for each cylinder and increased power output will be available.
Essentially, the engine has been designed in conformity with the proven design principles which exist within the Group. Cylinder block and cylinder head are light-alloy components. The camshaft and the oil pump are both driven by means of a chain. The valve gear is equipped with hydraulic valve clearance compensation elements.
A balance shaft ensures low-vibration running.
- Technical highlights
- Engine Mechanical Components
- Overview of engine
- Main components of engine housing
- Crank assembly with balance shaft
- Camshaft drive and valve gear
- Oil pump drive of 2-valve engine version, camshaft drive and valve gear
- Oil pump drive of 4-valve engine version, crankcase fresh air supply and ventilation
- Cooling System
- Engine Management
- System overview
- Single-spark ignition coils with power output stage
- Two-probe lambda control
- Overview of system components
- Simos 3PD/3PE engine management system
- Function Diagram
You will find notes on inspection and maintenance, setting and repair instructions in the Workshop Manual.